To most people, spring cleaning is a dreaded yearly chore. But there are simpler ways of spring cleaning your house, in under 8 hours.
Firstly, prepare before you start
Planning your spring clean is key in achieving an effective spring clean. You will need to schedule a full day of cleaning, where you won’t be distracted by any interruptions.
- Make sure you have the right cleaning products available as well as bags for rubbish.
- Ask for helpers – the more hands the better. Maybe you could help your friends spring clean their home on another day in return.
- Write out your plan before you start. Remember you only have 8 hours to spring clean!
- On a piece of paper, list each room in your home.
- Write down the list of tasks you will need done for each room.
- Allocate a time against each room, ie. how long will you spend?
- Allocate a person or people to tackle the spring cleaning in each room.
The day has arrived. Your cleaning products and helpers are ready to go. With a plan of attack listed, it’s time to get started.
- Stick to the plan. If you come across tasks that are not listed, write them down as a separate job to tackle at a later date.
- Motivate your workers, if you’ve been lucky enough to get helpers. Provide food/snacks along the way.
- Remove garbage bags as you go.
- After each room is done, close each room door so you know you’ve completed that room. It also provides a sense of achievement to then move onto the next room.
- Make it fun – cleaning is a great form of exercise as well. So no gym that day!
- At the end of the day, sit back and enjoy your achievements!
Top ten spring cleaning tips!
TIP 1: Clean your microwave
Squeeze one lemon with 1/2 cup of water. Combine into a mug and place in the microwave for 2.5 minutes. Let it stand for 3 minutes. Open the microwave and wipe down all areas, including the tray. The steam will loosen the grime and make it easier to wipe and remove stubborn marks and stains.
TIP 2: Clean shower head build up
Fill a plastic bag with white vinegar and place over the showerhead with a rubber band and leave it overnight. This will get rid of build-up of grime and mould. Make sure you run the shower before you use it again.
TIP 3: Clean window smudges and dirt
Into a spray bottle, mix 1/4 cup of white vinegar, 2 cups of water and 2 teaspoons of soap into a spray bottle. Spray mixture onto the glass and wipe down with newspaper to remove any streaks which form on the mirror. This is a great way to make use of old newspapers.
TIP 4: Pack away seasonal clothes for more storage
If your dressers and drawers are full of mess, then you are storing too much stuff at once and only causing more frustration when looking for clothes to wear. Go through all your clothes twice yearly and store away clothes that you know will not be used until the next change of season. Stacking them vertically provides more space and also easier to pull out again when ready to use.
TIP 5: Clean you carpets and upholstery
Don’t ruin your furniture and carpets by using the wrong cleaning products. Read the manufacturers label (if provided) before commencing the clean. If you’re not confident, get the experts in – they have the expertise in using the most suitable products for the right jobs. Sydney Chemdry specialises in spring cleaning your carpet and upholstery at an affordable price. Call them today on 1800 880 065.